Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The pitts, but somewhat productive

It's the pitts not haveing a job. I'm trying not to focus on it, but it keeps sneaking up on me. I don't really want to think about what I'm going to feel like once my play is over in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I have been working on some projects. My French Market Bag is ready to be felted, but I want to get photos of it "pre felting" for before and after shots. I've done the cable band for Coronet which is the hat I'm knitting for a christmas present. I'm really pleased with the cable it came out great, although the join is a littel wonky...I successfully did the kirchner stitch join on the FMB, and tried to get my brain around it for the join on the cable. It came out okay. So I'm ready to pick up the stitches and get to work on the rest of it.

We went and voted yesterday, and had lunch wtih a friend. Robert and my friend did most of the talking.. I was feeling a little shell shocked after going to the bank and depositing my severance check. I also called my friend who is joining us this weekend to see the tour of "the Producers", to make sure she had the directions, and was all set. I wanted to warn her about the raod construction she was likely to encounter getting closer to town. My friend in NY called, and she was helpful too. She knows a lot of people and is going to try and put me in touch with some of them. It's good to have friends like that.

I've been to the pottery studio a couple of times since I last wrote about it. Most of what I've gotten done has been glazing some stuff I had leftover from before, and more polishing the pot I have done in raku. The stuff I tried to throw wasn't working, hopefully I'll have better luck with it tonight in class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home