Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Monday, January 10, 2005

Holidays are over

Okay, so I haven't posted since befor Christmas.... Let's see... we had a nice drive to Virginia, and a nice visit with my cousins, aunt and uncle, and my dad and grandfather. We only got to see my brother briefly, and his wife and kids not at all. They were booked solid with events for her family, something my mother is none too happy about. He says they don't have room for us all, but her family is around all the time, and they had Christmas Eve with them, Christmas Day with them in at least 2 diffeernt places, and then the following day they were going to be at the Tech game, which one of my sister-in-law's brothers is on the coaching staff for...so they saw them there too. We live much farther away, and don't get there too often. GRRR... anyway, what really got my goat more so than not getting to see the kids, was that when we went to get the packages from the car to give them to my brother, he checked his cell messages, and proceeded to call one of them back and talk the entire time... I'm not sure if it was just he didn't know what to say about us not getting to see the kids, and so avoided it that way or what.. but it really irritated me. Mom is a lot more upset about it than I am though. But she did manage to see the kids however briefly.

We ended up having to stay in VA for an extra day because it snowed & iced where we live, and not just the normal dusting that passes for snow around here either. There was 6 inches on the ground! A hefty amount for eastern NC. We weren't able to get in the driveway for 3 days. after we did get home since it had a snowbank from where the street had been semi plowed, and the bottom layer of the snow was ice. The good news was that by staying in VA longer, we did get to visit with some friends longer than we would have otherwise gotten to do, and got to see another friend who we hadn't seen in well over a year.

New Years was uneventful, we had a nice quiet evening at home, and then on the 2nd I proceeded to get a nasty chest cold which I'm still fighting. I'm so ready for it to be over with. Last Wedesday was the worst, it is clearing up, but we're not there yet. In the meantime, I auditined for the commedy I really wanted to do, but wasn't cast. (Another male friend wasn't cast either and he is pretty devistated... he really wanted to do the show too, and he has been cast where he wanted to be a lot so I think it is more of a blow to him.)
For me I guess it will just give me more time to search for a job, and do pottery. The next class starts next week, and I was "given" the course fee for Christmas. Robert has been incredibly sweet in all of this layoff and chest cold nonsense. I guess I'll keep him around for a while longer ;)

I had some leads today for some prospective jobs, so it was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home