Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Friday, June 15, 2007

air brush

My first trial of the airbrush glazer is a success! Here are the results.. my ever favorite Floating blue over white, although this is a darker clay than I normally use. I actually think this might have been the earthenware low fire clay, which I fired to cone 6 (oops) so it warped slightly, but I'm still happy with the results. The little swishy ribbon on the side is actually an indent in the clay, not just a glaze effect. It was one of the techniques we learned at that workshop.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Edited to add: I forgot to give the dimensions of this bowl. It is about 5.25 inches tall and 8.5 across at the top rim.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

Beautiful! I love those colors.

10:37 PM

 
Blogger Suemoon said...

Ooooh that is spectacular I love it!

Sue

xxx

6:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gourd, that's gorgeous. (Even if it isn't an elephant teapot. :p )

6:32 AM

 
Blogger Peri said...

I love the floaty merging of the glaze, it looks amazing! (please can I have the recipe, please, please? ).

Mike xx.

6:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home