Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Cousins..

Teddy had a visitor this weekend..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pam and Kris came to visit us this weekend and they brought with them Teddy's cousin, Bear. (Kris took the "Family portrait shot" of all of us, and I don't have a copy of it yet.)

We had a really great time, saw "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" and did the yarn shopping and bookstore going in Raleigh. They toured the Arts Center, where Kris took loads of photos, and Nicole joined us Friday night for dinner and knitting. It was great to see them in person.

The opening song in DRS was different than what any of us were expecting. They cut the one they used on Broadway and have a different one on the tour. We're wondering if it is pared down because the cast may be pared down for the tour, or if there is another reason for it. The original makes reference to several characters which are likely chorus types in the show, and here the main dancer chorus was 4 girls and 4 guys..but there were other chorus types in the show too, but probably not as many as in NY.

Bought some lovely inky blue malabrigio yarn, (color called taureg) and a shawl pin thingy. I'm not sure yet what the yarn is going to be. I worked on my socks a lot this weekend, and am just over an inch into the cuff. I did some work on Northern Lights this weekend, too, but only 3 rounds or so, so not a lot of progress there, to many distractions for that fair isle pattern to get too far.

I've been given a really cool opportunity for a neat workshop next weekend. I'll post more about it when I know more and know for sure if it is a done deal or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home