Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Monday, September 11, 2006

Art

The Arts are not a easy way to make a living. They are a very human way of making life more bearable. Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly is a way to make your soul grow for Heaven's sakes. Sing in the shower, dance to the radio, tell stories, write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something.

Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country, Daniel Simon (ed.),

Seven Stories Press, NYC, NY

quoted from ArtsRamble


More on this to come...

2 Comments:

Blogger Margot said...

*sigh*

I <3 Kurt Vonnegut.

8:06 PM

 
Blogger Qeltic said...

I'm too tired for poetry today,
Life has been busy and manic.
Yet art oft calls me out to play,
keeps me young and stays any panic.

It's the best I can do at the spur of the moment .... *sigh*

9:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home