Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

42?

So, I saw this on Pam's Blog (Trillian42) and thought it was interesting so I took the "quiz" too... I had to break a THREE way tie in the end (looks like Between Cultureal Creative, Existentialist and Postmodernist...) so there is margin for error on this, but it is interesting on some level.

You scored as Postmodernist. Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis.

Cultural Creative

69%

Existentialist

69%

Postmodernist

69%

Romanticist

56%

Idealist

50%

Modernist

50%

Materialist

44%

Fundamentalist

31%

What is Your World View? (updated)
created with QuizFarm.com


So I went in and saw what I would have been if I had chosen the other one I debated on in the tie Breaker, this would have been the result there;

Cultural Creative.

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

So, in last place of the three, was Existentialist, and here is what they say about that... Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

I do think the first two are closest to my beliefs, and I did debate between the two answers for the tie breaker, so there is only a marginal difference there, which could amount to semantics ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home