Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Friday, February 03, 2006

Pretty Pretty

Lookie what arrived today:

Image hosting by Photobucket

This is my Pacific Berries colorway of Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb for my very first Clapotis, (see link below someplace) I'm THRILLED with the color, it didn't even look this pretty in the photo I picked it out from.

The silk for the Knitting Olympics hasn't arrived yet, hopefully tomorrow... and I hope to be just as pleased with it, as I am with this selection.

In the meantime, I must finish this project, from the pattern my Understudy pal had sent. I'm up to 4 and a half repeats of six, and then have to do the strap so it really shouldn't take that much longer before felting.

Image hosting by Photobucket

So that is a nice start to the weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger gourdongirl said...

m12 thats lovely...I like that colour..it will make a beautiful clapotis.

Shonze

6:44 PM

 
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Mary - that's GORGEOUS! It is definitely even prettier than any of the pictures I saw online. I can't wait to see it worked up into a Clapotis!

8:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What yummy yarn! I hope you have lots of fun with your Clap!

10:44 PM

 
Blogger Margot said...

The bag is lovely. You fair isle is nice and even, isn't this your first? Good job m'dear. And I really like the colors.

Good choice on the clap. I'm sure you know because you read knitty so faithfully, but lots of peeps ran out of L&L when making the calpotis. You may want to make it a little skinnier or a little shorter.

10:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home