Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Pleathora of Photos from the Past Three Weeks

In addition to the red raku bowl found in the previous post below. Here are two more of my Raku Results.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My throwing skills are getting better, and the feet on these pieces are inspired by Jamie Kirpatrick (I hope I'm spelling that correctly) who lives in Raleigh, and who I took a workshop from in May. I got a lot of good tips from him, and he puts feet like these on many of his current pieces, although these could not be mistaken for his work.. I've got a long way to go before I'm as skilled as he is. (and he doesn't generally do glazed Raku, he does more pit firing and other similar effects where the clay is more "naked" that is to say, not glazed.)

On our trip to Roanoke, we as is usually the case went to the zoo, which is on the Blue Ridge Parkway, there is a "nature walk" to get to the entrance of the zoo, which you can see in the archives of previous posts is on a "mountain" top (hill really, but called a mountain) anyway, this was taken along that route.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The ever moving construction of the theatre:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Where the glass is open is where the walkway bridge thingy is going to attatch the theatre to the rest of the buildings. This week it looks like they are cleaning up on the grounds in this area to begin this walkway. (not shown in this image, but will be soon)

And finally, a backstage photo of the women in the Cast of "on the verge" which I was asked to come into a week before opening. That is me on the right, Samantha in the middle and Shannon on the Left.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

I didn't know you were doing "On the Verge"! I was going to ask you what show you got pulled into. My college theatre department did that my sophomore year - what a neat show. It does explain the bored high schoolers, though. Hope the rest of the audiences were good!

8:14 AM

 
Blogger Rachel said...

I love your bowls! And the photography - with the people in the background - very cool illusion...

6:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home