Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Christmas Time is here...

Since all the "cool" knitty kids are doing it I thought I'd post this Christmas meme I got it from marymac who got it from our buddy across the pond Peri and several others have posted it as well.. Anyway, here it is:

NAME: mtwelovett

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Eggnog, but only one glass or so, and only at christmas, I do like hot chocolate at other cold times of year... I do miss my grandmother's custard (drinkable.. so it was eggnog-like)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped usually, unless it is something of some odd hard to wrap shape

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? colored, although sometimes solid colored is nice, like all blue and green, or something like that.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. it't too high up in the trees to obtain ;)

5. When do you put your decorations up? This year, shortly after Thanksgiving since we had a Christmas party at the house.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? hmmm... VA smoked ham biscuits, we generally only eat these at Christmas and Thanksgiving....

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Dancing around to the 8-track of the Carpenter's Christmas Album, or listening to the reel to reel christmas tape my dad had.. we danced to the Carlie Brown Christmas Record too, but that was at a friends' house.... that or decorating the Christmas tree at my grandparents' house with all the cousins then going with them rollerskating and having a sleepover in my grandmother's living rooom with all the cousins (there were 8 of us 9 if my second cousin came)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Don't remember... it just sort of happened I guess...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? one when we were kids, but now only if we are visiting someone we won't see the next day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? mini tree has mini glass ornaments, with a wire star on top the bigger tree has a mix of glass ornaments, bear ornaments, and other "arty" ornaments. also with a star. I have some disney and character hallmark ornaments I've collected over the years, but we didn't hand those this year.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it if I don't have to be someplace in it.

12. Can you ice skate? I could a long time ago, haven't tried recently, but I guess I still can. Spent a lot of my early days on roller skates, and could at that time ice skate.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Zack the Black Seal (sealion actually) that was a handmade stuffed animal from a craftshow. he's at least 36" long and 24" tall, very well made. Got him from my grandparents in the mid to late 70's and I still have him.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? catching up with friends that you may not see or hear from the rest of the year.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? hmmmm...pumpkin pie at Thanksgving, but Christmas... I guess I have to say my grandmother's oatmeal cookies, but cookies in general.. oh and toffeee... mmmmm

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? baking cookies

17. What tops your tree? mini tree: wire star, other tree wire / beaded star

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both. I like picking out gifts for people but I like getting prestents too.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I like a lot of Christmas Music. some of the faves include Little St. Nick, Have yourself a merry little Christmas, It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, Angels we have heard on high, Carol of the Bells, Go tell it on the Mountain....

20. Candy Canes… Yuck or Yum? small ones yum. big ones are too much.

Happy Holidays

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home