Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bad Blogger Photo update

Since I've been a bad blogger lately, here are some photo updates for you.

From the last Raku firing: (I didn't get the best results at the firing, I had a couple blowouts, and some of the glazes went really weird, I will post a better photo of the feather vase though..eventually)

This piece will hang once I get it on a cord. It is modeled after a brown one my Grandmother had from probably the 60's that if I had to guess came from the Williamsburg pottery. She had a series of animals.. a tiger and a lion as well, the lion hangs in my kitchen now...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

here is the feater vase in the reduction:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

one of two masks I did:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and on the knitting front.. the ever endless Hoover has been the biggest time eater recently, since it HAS to be fiinished now that the baby it is for is here. But I'd started "My So Called Scarf" in Crystal Palace Musique in colorway Lagoon:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And a photo of Robert and I at the Art Auction Masquerade Ball. I did buy some art in the silent auction, the piece I wanted in the live auction went over my spending limit though.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Love the pottery, M12. ANd yes, you have been silent WAY too long. Glad to see you back. Such a cute pic of you two at the ball, but no mask next time!;)

4:46 PM

 
Blogger LaBean said...

Ooooh who's that lovely lady behind the mask!??? Go M12!! The Owl is top-of-the-line. It's a magnificent piece, and if I could own fragile items right now, I'd spend my days and nights trying to talk that owl out of your posession! hee!

I tried the so-called scarf. It's an easy enough pattern but the effect didn't grab me. It must be the yarn I'm using.. Oh well.

8:14 AM

 
Blogger Mtwelovett said...

We took a photo without the mask but Robert wasn't smiling in it. So this is the one that got posted since he looks happier here.

9:50 AM

 
Blogger Margot said...

The owl is lovely - the face is stunning.

The SCS is pretty - the colors will be nice on you. It IS for you, yes?

I'd really like to make one, but haven't met the perfect yarn/colorway yet. It's not as though I don't have plenty of yarn to knit!!!

12:27 PM

 
Blogger mmStyle said...

m12, you make some beautiful stuff. I am soo impressed.

3:34 AM

 
Blogger gray la gran said...

hey mary! it was great to officially meet you today ... i think i'm seeing a bit of a trend with your colors ... the lagoon colors, blues and greens, and maybe a splash of purple?
making is making, whether fiber of clay, some of us just need to keep the creative juices flowing, and the hands busy, and make the world a bit more colorful!
happy new year to you and robert :)
d

6:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home