Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

tea for two...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is actually my second teapot. The first one hasn't been bisque fired yet. It was started at the workshop I went to last month, but I finished it in the studio here. It holds between 10 and 16 oz of water. ( I wasn't sure if the cup I checked the fill water in was 12 or 16 oz.) I'm pleased with the way it came out.

My life has been CRAZY busy for the last month or so.. work has been REALLY busy to the point that many nights I've brought stuff home with me, in addition to play rehearsal and tap and pottery classes. The play is in performances now, and we'll finish up this weekend. I'm having fun with the cast, but will be happy to have some time to breathe again. In the meantime, I've had a birthday, my cousin had her baby, my uncle is cancer free (now we just need my dad to get there). No knitting has been happening. I have done some pottery, and thought a lot about some other artistic endeavors, but not much has been put to paper, but I did finally make a signature stamp for my pottery. ( a mere 2+ years after I started thinking about doing it) I've been thinking a lot about mixing media, not in the collage sense, but thematically or illustrating or using graphic and printmaking techniques on the clay. I'm very out of practice drawing wise, so I've been considering the drawing journal again, and trying different illustration techniques and seeing what materializes. Several months ago, I did a portrait one evening and it didn't turn out too badly, but I do need to get back in the swing of things.

We did get to go out for Indian the weekend before my birthday. It was a place about 45 minutes away, which is still closer than going to Raleigh for it.

3 Comments:

Blogger LaBean said...

My word, you've got your hands in all sorts of activities. When do you breathe? :) But seriously, it's good your family's health is mostly on the uptick and I wish your dad luck in his recovery. Again, Happy Birthday and take it easy.. stop and smell the... yarn :)

4:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teapot! Elephant! :)

4:51 PM

 
Blogger Mtwelovett said...

That's actually not the big elephant teapot. I kind of think of this one as the little elephant teapot. ;)

9:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home