Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I'm still sick

After a visit to the DR last week, I was diagnosed with "acute bronchitis" (and now I'm tired of hearing "cute" jokes...regarding the bronchitis.) I do sound a lot better than I did this time last week, but I'm still coughing and still not feeling like doing a while heck of a lot. I hate being sick! I have been reading, but that is about all I've felt like doing other than sleeping and vedging out in front of the TV. I haven't even felt like knitting. Of course the main project I was working on for me (other than that darn sweater I can't seem to get a move on) I'm considering frogging. It is Coronet from Knitty, and I like the band, but not the way I picked up the stitches on this one, (Dad's looked a lot better) so I may frog it back to the band keep the band, and use the rest of the yarn for a different hat. I'm thinking a bell hat like the one I knitted for my friend Cat last year. The pattern was from Interweave Knits, I'll have to go look it up to see what it is officially called. I was really pleased with the way hers turned out, and I remember liking the stitch even though it was on size 3 needles.

I'm excited that American Idol starts again tonight, It's the one reality show I watch. It doesn't offend me like so many of the others do. Although am a bit leary about some of the changes they have made... What's up with this boys night and girls night stuff? I guess we'll find out soon enough. I had hoped that maybe they would switch the voting so that you voted for the one (or more) you wanted voted off rather than the ones you wanted to vote for... although that may not be a better way to vote.. just different. It will be a little while before we get to that stage in the show though... tonight starts the good and bad auditions...ah what some people will do for their 15 minutes of fame... and how decieved are some of these people?

Tomorrow is supposed to be my first pottery class of the new session, I'm hoping I'm feeling up to going. Although, I'll probably have to get one of those mask things to wear if I do go so I'm not breathing all the dust so much since I don't want to prolong this Bronchitis even longer. Did I say I was tired of coughing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home