Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Blog-A-Thon

So My friend Nicole (Queltic) from Jeweled Web has tapped me for the Blog-A-Thon. Here are the rules followed by her questions to me.

Here are the rules for this Blog-a-thon. I'll offer to interview the next how many ever people to respond to this post that will follow these rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones below.
3. You will update YOUR blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
That's it... and be sure to send me your email address so I can let you know when to come back here for your questions!

And now for the Questions Nicole had for me:

1. What theatre role would you most like to play?
There are several, but one of major ones is Mrs Lovett in Sweeney Todd. (in part where my user name comes from) Angela Lansbury originated the role back in the 70's and it's a great part, but then, I want to play several of the roles she has had over the years.

2. If there was a catastrophe and you could only save 5 items from your VAST music collection, what would they be?
You are so EVIL asking me to pick only 5 from my collection....

Peter Gabriel's Passion (soundtrack from "The Last Temptation of Christ") because of the soothing qualities it has on me, but that may be in part to circumstances around when/where I first heard it. (and no it wasn't in the theater seeing the movie, although I have seen the movie.)

Tears For Fears Seeds of Love it has gotten me through some tough times, and still has good qualities. (and you did say it was a catastrophe)

one of my 80's music compolations (cheating I know, but like I said, you're being evil...maybe I'll have to make my own from my collection for this occasion. Definately containg "fun" songs from bands like Simple Minds, INXS, Talking Heads, U2, Blondie, Adam Ant ;), and plenty of one hit wonders.)

I can't possibly pick just one broadway cast recording... There are too many that I love too much and it depepnds on the mood as to which one(s) I would pick, so I'd have to make a collection here as well with my favorite show tunes... probably the big production number songs... Stuff that makes you want to sing and dance. The shows would range from the classics to the modern day.

And for the last, (cheating again) I'd have to make yet another compolation of Big Band and swing music. Glenn Miller, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Jordan, Frank Sinatra amongst others... with maybe some Squirrel Nut Zippers and Big Bad VooDoo Daddy thrown in for good measure.

3. What would be your "dream" job?
Working with the Muppets or Designing posters and things for Broadway Shows

4. Where in the world would you MOST like to visit?
I'd love to spend a lot more time in England and Scotland, but I've also said I'd like to take a cruise on the fjords of Norway, there is a building in Istambul I'd love to see, and sometimes I think I'd like to visit certain parts of Japan.

5. What celebrity would you MOST like to interview (living or deceased)?
Jim Henson or Saul Bass (although Saul isn't really a celebrity)

Okay, well that is me... next....

1 Comments:

Blogger Qeltic said...

good answers! (even though you cheated a bit with the compilations). :)

8:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home