Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Birthday Adventures

So, Thursday was my Bithday. Nothing terribly eventful during the day. I got some lovely PM's from some friends on the-leaky-cauldron.org. It was nice to know some of the people whose posts I enjoy, also enjoy mine. Mom came and took Robert and I to The Outblack for dinner, we ran into Betty-Lou and Lisa who I uesd to work with at the agency. Lisa is gone now too. We exchanged some job lead information, since she is a copy-writer and I am a designer, we're not competing for jobs. After getting home and hanging out doing the usual evening routine, we went to sleep as usual only to be awoken by a banging on the front door minutes before 2 am. Now we live in a nice older neighborhood, not too far from the downtown of our small city. Go a few blocks in any direction and the neighborhoods are somewhat questionable, but I don't tend to feel "unsafe" at my house... but banging on the door at 2 am is another story. ... We looked outside thinking it might just might be our friend who is moving back to town... nope. No car or anything out front ... and the banging contiinued... we called 911... (the police station is only a few blocks away...) after calling 911, I looked out the back window, and there was a police car at my neighbor's house out back. We went downstairs and peeked outside.. it was indeed a police officer... There had been a string of car breakins in the neighborhood and one of ours was included. (it was one that hadn't been running though, and it was locked, unlike some of my neoghbors') We were outside with the police and my neighbor until about 2:45 and found it difficult to get back to sleep afterwards...

Got up the next day, Robert was at work, I looked out the window and my trunk was most definately not as it had been the previous night when we went back to bed... so I had to call the police again... Apparently they had apprehended the suspect between 3 and 5 and since he had a record, and confessed, was behind bars. (although had left the police with a string of reports to make since there were a lot of other cars that were broken into.) But it gave us some peace of mind to be able to spend the night in Raleigh one night this weekend for further Birthday celebrations. The rest of the weekend I spent in the pottery studio. :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for cars melbourne
cash for cars toowoomba

11:04 PM

 
Blogger Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for scrap cars brisbane
cash for unwanted cars brisbane

11:35 PM

 
Blogger Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
free car removal sydney
cash for damaged cars sydney

11:59 PM

 
Blogger Car Removal NSW said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice information. We provide a free cash quote over the phone and online. To get an unwanted scrap car buyer , you can call us at the number below or fill out our online quote form that is located at the top right of this page

11:57 AM

 
Blogger North Coast Wreckers said...

Great post and very informative post. North Coast Wreckers provide the best used or new car parts at an affordable price. Whether you are looking for an auto part for your engine. Cash for Trucks Townsville

11:31 PM

 
Blogger Local Cash For Cars said...

Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. Local Cash for Car is a licensed auto removal company that buys all types of used, junk, scrap, broken, and damaged vehicles for as much as up to $8,999 unwanted car removal.

11:49 PM

 
Blogger Fast Car Removals said...

Such a great information for blogger I am a professional blogger thanks. Best Cash for Junk Cars means cash up to $9999 and free fast pickup. We take any car whether it’s used, scrap, junk, old, salvage, written-off or accidental. Our drivers are prompt and pick up a car at the scheduled time. Hassle free service and quick paperwork. We need your driver’s license to make a selling receipt and cash will be paid on arrival. We bought 39% of total cars from Ipswich last year and the number is increasing.

12:05 AM

 
Blogger BNE Copper Recycling said...

Hello! I found your website on google and found it very useful and informative for our business and I also shared your website with my other friends also. BNE Copper Recycling do eco-friendly scrap metal recycling ipswich and pay you the most competitive prices in the recycling industry. We buy, collect, and recycle your scrap metal and save the planet from the harmful greenhouse gas emanations that are the primary reason behind the ozone layer damage.

12:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home