Tales of life and art. Theater, knitting, music, and pottery (and anything else I feel like writing about)

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I'm alive...

I've had a busy last couple of weeks. After the gig at the church, and the run of the show, I have been freelancing an hour away at a really cool place, that I would like to be full time for. It's an hour away from the house, so there is drive time, but I don't mind the drive, especially with cool music, and we have aquired a really cool radio station around here fairly recently, which is definately a good thing. They don't talk much (especially during morning commute.. they actually play MUSIC ... what a novel idea... ) and they don't play a lot of commercials, and they play pretty much everything..not the same 50 songs or so the usual top 40 stations play.. you really don't know what is coming next. It's a good thing really... I'm hearing stuff I haven't heard for years.. the other morning they actually played "3 is a Magic Number" from Schoolhouse Rock!!

The last 2 weekends have been pottery workshops and firings. The first was Raku and we got some great results although the slip peeled off the pieces I was going to naked raku before it ever went in the kiln, so I ended up peeling the rest off and glazing them instead. Last weekend was Saggar and Pit firing techniques, which produced some nice results, but we only really got blacks and whites, and not much color. I learned some great throwing tips though that I'm anxious to try out. Just from the information I do think it will help my technique a lot. Pictures of the firings will come shortly, I haven't had the energy to set them up for the web yet, but thought I'd post since I hadn't for a while.

2 Comments:

Blogger Qeltic said...

WELCOME BACK!!!! Woooo! Er, which radio station, don't keep it all to yourself! When are we going to see the new Star Wars?

12:12 PM

 
Blogger Mtwelovett said...

100.7 the River... it is out of Rocky Mount can you believe it???? Star Wars... hmmmm maybe this weeked if we can get near the place???

9:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home